Bloom at the MMFA
- Thursday, 06 March 2014 16:03
The Montreal Museum of Fine Arts Acquires Bloom
.MGX is pleased to announce that the Bloom lamp by Patrick Jouin has joined the permanent collection of the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts (MMFA). Winner of both a Good Design and Red Dot Design Award, the Bloom table lamp collapses or expands, changing from a bud to a blossom, to release or contain light.
Patrick Jouin is one of the major protagonists of contemporary design on the French and international scene. In 2004, Jouin first became aware of 3D printing which, until then, had only been used for small “scale models” in plastic. Together with .MGX, Jouin took the entire process to a previously unheard of level, creating forms that were once thought impossible to produce.
Since its founding in 1860, the MMFA has acquired nearly 36,000 objects from antiquity to today and is one of the most visited museums in Canada. The museum also has the Fractal.MGX table by WertelOberfell and the Solid C2 chair by Patrick Jouin in their collection.
The Bloom table lamp (inv. no 2013.90.1-3) was a gift to the MMFA from Dr. Brian Stonehocker in honor of Rosalind Pepall, Curator at the MMFA from 1991-2012.
Beyond and the NellyRodi Agency
- Tuesday, 04 February 2014 08:12
.MGX at Maison&Objet Paris
The Algue.MGX lamp by Xavier Lust was featured during the recent Maison&Objet fair in Paris as part of the exhibition 'Beyond'. Maison&Objet is an innovative and inescapable show for international buyers and the press, with several exhibitions on unique themes presented throughout the fair. Curated by the NellyRodi Agency, 'Beyond' showcased trends along the concept of a strange and wondrous journey through seabed and space, and featured organic, prismatic, futuristic and robotic shapes. Algue.MGX, inspired by Jules Verne's Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea, was a perfect addition to this showcase.
More about this exhibition can be found here.
.MGX at the Science museum London
- Wednesday, 04 December 2013 16:25
3D: Printing the Future
From October 9th until June 15th, the Krizant.MGX along with a set of specially created pieces by Michaella Janse van Vuuren, will be on display at the Science Museum in London as part of the "3D: Printing the Future" exhibition. Focusing on how innovators are using 3D printers to create physical objects that change lives, the exhibition features stories from industry, medicine, and consumer products.
.MGX at the MAD
- Monday, 04 November 2013 11:37
Exhbition Manchester Metropolitan University
- Friday, 04 October 2013 15:39
Bloom Joins the Manchester School of Art Collection
- Iris van Herpen at the Cité Internationale de la Dentelle et de la mode de Calais
- Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam
- Factory2.0 - When Andy Warhol met 3D printing
- Data Curation - Museum of Art Seoul
- Layer by Layer - Fashion Space Gallery London
- X Y Z Shaping Free Dimensions - CNCPT13 Gallery Amsterdam
- 3D Printer Experience
- .MGX at the Museum for Gestaltung Zürich
- Iris Van Herpen unveils 'Hybrid Holism' and stunning 3D printed dress at Paris Fashion Week (2)
- Iris Van Herpen unveils 'Hybrid Holism' and stunning 3D printed dress at Paris Fashion Week